Press Release April 26, 2019
MOHAWK GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
Mohawk Golf and Country Club, located at 4399 South State Route 231 Tiffin, OH, is celebrating its 100th anniversary on Saturday, May 11th. A tournament will be held starting at 11 AM, followed by a dinner for members and their guests at 5 PM. Historical exhibits will be on display and a brief summary of the history will be presented at the dinner.
Mohawk Golf Club was incorporated at the Shawhan Hotel in Tiffin on May 10th, 1919. After visits to the site, Donald J. Ross, golf architect, designed the nine hole course. The course was opened for play in 1921 with the clubhouse located across from the ninth green.
An additional nine by architect Fred Garbin, as well as a new clubhouse and swimming pool, were completed for opening in April, 1970. The club name was changed from Mohawk Golf Club to Mohawk Golf & Country Club in 2004. In 2013 the club hired golf course architect Brian Huntley for a restoration plan that included bringing the course back toward the style of Donald Ross.
For additional information contact:
Dr. Roy Zinn at firstname.lastname@example.org, 419-937-6501 or Golf Professional Nick Dendinger at email@example.com, 419-447-5951.
Mohawk G&CC website